Based in Bordeaux, France
Switch/Xbox: July 24th, 2019
Pawarumi is an epic shoot'em up set in a futuristic universe, inspired by the pre-columbian civilizations. You'll play as Axo, pilot of the holy ship Chukaru, in a quest for revenge of the betreyal caused to the people of Earth. With its unique abilities, Chukaru can deal extra damage, heal itself or charge a super attack, simply by shooting with the right weapon on the right type of enemy! Mastering this Trinity Mechanic will be key to your success in Pawarumi.
Pawarumi is a strange name right? It takes its roots in the universe we built to make the game. These humans from this alternate future master light and gravity. With such technology, they can very easily manipulate even the most dense and huge rocks. Everything in this world is thus made out of stones, flying stones! In Quechua, a language still spoken today in center America, "to fly" is "Phaway" and rocks is "Rumi", hence, phawayru... phawaru... Pawarumi!
- Unique Trinity Mechanic
- Five levels, each with their own very unique settings
- Three difficulty levels each with their own storytelling
- Gorgeous 3D environments
- Epic staging with awesome camera work
- Peruvian Electro Metal Soundtrack
- Support for keyboard, gamepads and arcade sticks
Steam Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Sélection" Game Side Story
- "Won Best Soundtrack" Shmup’Em-All Awards, 2018
- "Won Most Promising Shoot'em up of 2018" Shmup’Em-All Awards, 2017
- "Nominated for Best Indie Game" Ping Awards, Paris, November, 2017
- "Indie Game Area Selection" Tokyo Game Show, Tokyo, September, 2017
- "Indie Selection" Busan Indie Connect, Busan, September, 2017
- "Nominated for Trophée FLIP" Festival FLIP, Parthenay, July, 2017
- "Indie Garden Selection" Evry Games City, Evry, March, 2017
- "Indie Prize Selection" Casual Connect, Berlin, February, 2017
- "Indie Game Factory Selection" Animasia, Bordeaux, October, 2016
- "Indie Arena Booth Selection" Gamescom, Köln, August, 2016
- "An exhilarating, fast-paced blast through some spectacular looking levels with some excellent and memorable boss encounters to sink your teeth into."
- PJ O'Reilly, Nintendo Life
- "What Pawarumi does, and what it does exceptionally well, is introduce an element of improvisation to its action"
- Martin Robinson, Eurogamer
- "Having to make these decisions adds stress and strategy that can’t be found in most other titles. It’s pretty exhilarating, honestly."
- Alistair Wong, Siliconera
- "Overall, Pawarumi offers one the most unique, difficult, tense and strategic shmups that the Switch has ever seen."
- Lewis Baglow, Bonus Stage
- "I can feel the sheer passion coursing through its veins at every turn."
- Shaun Musgrave, Touch Arcade
Available from pawarumi.bandcamp.com.
About Manufacture 43
Game studio based in Bordeaux, France. Run by a programmer and two graphic artists since 2016, together they aim at crafting original, fun and beautiful games.
More information on Manufacture 43, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Graphics and more
Graphics and more
Programming and more
Game Design Support
Management & QA Support